Thursday, February 10, 2011

In response to: Complex CAML Queries made simple

I spotted this post in my twitter feed and felt it justified a repost.  Here’s the link to the article:

http://www.allaboutmoss.com/index.php/2011/02/11/complex-caml-queries-made-simple/

As you can see, this is using nothing but managed code.  Since I live on the front-end side of the house, I tend to get around most of these managed code solutions by using codeplex.  I’ve found a fantastic tool and in my opinion is better that U2U.  The instructions are very simple.  They actually are the same as the post above, except you are creating the view within the GUI.

image

After creating my view, I snap open Stramit CAML Viewer.  I am then able to view all of my lists for the site.  After selecting the list I need, all of the views appear for those lists. 

image

Now all you have to do is copy this CAML out and paste it wherever you may need it.  Not bad, eh?

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments: